Washington Slagbaai National Park - RULES AND TIPS
Please observe the following rules. Your cooperation is appreciated and
will help us to preserve Bonaire's history and natural beauty.
- A valid admission ticket is required and visitors are admitted only
during posted hours.
- Residents are required to show their I.D. for local rates.
- As a Nature Fee holder you
may enter the Washington Slagbaai National Park free of additional charge
by showing the written receipt of purchase of your tag and a picture
ID (this can be your C-card, driver's license, etc.).
- Only four-wheeled motor vehicles with a spare tire are allowed.
- Quads and trikes are not allowed.
- Do not bring any animals or plants into the National Park.
- Use the trash receptacles for litter. Take care that nothing harmful
to the environment is left behind.
- Building fires, except in the charcoal barbecue pits at Slagbaai,
is not permitted.
- Do not discard matches or cigarettes carelessly.
- Roads are one way and the speed limit is 25 Km/h.
- Do not play loud music or behave in a noisy manner, especially near
- Defacing any natural or manmade property is not allowed.
- No weapons or animal traps (including fishing nets) are allowed in
- Capturing, harassing, killing and/or disturbing any of the animals
or plants is prohibited. We also discourage feeding any animals.
- Do not take pictures inside the caves. Flash photography is a hazard
to wild life.
- Use the toilets at the Visitor Center. The use of other areas is
- Dives should commence prior to 2:30pm, allowing visitors time to vacate
the park by 5:00 pm.
- Swimming, fishing or kayaking are not permited in the salt-pans.
Please follow all directives or instructions given by the Park Rangers.
They are there to ensure your safety and enjoyment.
All the waters surrounding the park fall under the jurisdiction of the
Bonaire National Marine Park and those regulations also are in force.
Vehicles are subject to search upon exiting the park.